Casa Torre Bonfadini and Pro Loco Braone organized the fourth edition of the International Competition for young Instrumentalists and male Opera Singers “Rizzardo Bino”.
The Competition aims to enhance young musicians and to highlight their talent, art and inspiration, encouraging cultural exchanges and promoting the area of Valle Camonica.
For the first time the Competition was open also to male OPERA SINGERS, diving into 2 sections (Male Opera Singers and Young Instrumentalists) with a total prize money of more than € 9,000.
The Competition was open to male opera singers between the ages of 18 and 38 and instrumentalists under 30 divided into three categories (Giovanissimi, Soloists and Chamber Music).
The competition was a moment of – also International – exchange, thanks to the presence of musicians from every country.
Nationality of competitors: 15 in addition to the Italian one (Australia, Canada, China, South Korea, France, Georgia, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Macedonia, Mexico, Mongolia, Poland, Spain, Ukraine, USA).
Total number of enrollments: 56
of which OPERA SINGERS: 13
of which INSTRUMENTALISTS: 43
Total number of artists involved: 64
SELECTION COMMITTEE: see the C.V.
High quality of the Jury with prominent professional figures from the national and international musical and lyrical world:
- Maestro GIAMPAOLO BISANTI, Jury President (Conductor, and Director of the Fondazione Lirico Sinfonica Petruzzelli e Teatri di Bari);
- M.o VINCENZO DE VIVO (Artistic Director of the Opera season of the Fondazione Teatro delle Muse in Ancona and of the Academy of Lyrical Arts in Osimo);
- Dott. MAURIZIO MAGLIETTA (Artists Manager);
- M.o GIUSEPPE MIGLIOLI (Viola Performer and Lecturer, and ESTA Advisor);
- Prof.ssa RAFFAELLA MURDOLO (Artistic Manager of the Royal Opera House Muscat).
Section: Male Opera Singers
1st place: ANTONIO MANDRILLO (tenor)
2nd place: DAVIDE GIANGREGORIO (bass)
3rd place: JAIME EDUARDO PIALLI (baritone)
SPECIAL PRIZES for MALE OPERA SINGERS:
• “Giovani Promesse” Prize : ANTONIO MANDRILLO (tenor)
• Engaged at the Royal Opera House Muscat (Oman): ANTONIO MANDRILLO (tenor)
1st place: SAMUELE GIOVANNI VALENZANO (piano)
2nd place: — not assigned
3rd place: — not assigned
1st place: ex aequo
ELIA CECINO (piano)
FLAVIA NAPOLITANO (violin)
2nd place: DARIO TAROZZO (trumpet)
3rd place: YAO LU (sax)
CHAMBER MUSIC CATEGORY
1st place: — not assigned
2nd place: TRIO RIGAMONTI (violin, cello and piano)
3rd place: — not assigned
SPECIAL PRIZES for all the categories of INSTRUMENTALISTS:
• “Rizzardo Bino” Prize : ELIA CECINO (piano)
• “Best under-18” Prize: FLAVIA NAPOLITANO (violin)
• “In Memory” Prize: YAO LU (sax)
• “Esta-Italia” Prize: FLAVIA NAPOLITANO (violin)
• “San Valentino” Prize: TRIO RIGAMONTI (violin, cello and piano)
• “ArteDonna PromAzioni360” Prize (best female player):
FLAVIA NAPOLITANO (violino) + 2 THIELE sister from Trio Maukami (flutes & piano)
FINALISTS AND THE PROGRAM: