Casa Torre Bonfadini and Pro Loco Braone are organizing the fifth edition of the International Competition for young Instrumentalists and male Opera Singers “Rizzardo Bino”.
The Competition aims to enhance young musicians and to highlight their talent, art and inspiration, encouraging cultural exchanges and promoting the area of Valle Camonica.
The event will take place at Casa Torre Bonfadini, Via S. Antonio, 25040, BRAONE (BS) – Italy.
International Competition for male OPERA SINGERS:
- Thursday, July 8th 2pm / 7,30pm: Auditions for Male Opera Singers (SCHEDULE)
- (FINALISTS) Finals and award ceremony for male Opera Singers
International Competition for young INSTRUMENTALISTS:
- Friday, July 16th 9.30am / 7.30pm: Auditions for Soloists (SCHEDULE)
- Saturday, July 17th 10.30am / 1.30pm: Auditions for Soloists and Chamber Music (SCHEDULE)
- Saturday, July 17th Finals and award ceremony for Instrumentalists + Award of the “Rizzardo Bino” Prize (also for Opera Singers)
SELECTION COMMITTEES: see the C.V.
- GIAMPAOLO BISANTI, (Conductor, and Director of Fondazione Lirico Sinfonica Petruzzelli e Teatri di Bari); Jury President;
- DANILO BOARETTO (Managing Director of OperaClick, and music critic);
- UMBERTO FANNI (Director General, and Artistic Director of Royal Opera House Muscat);
- MAURIZIO MAGLIETTA (Artists Manager).
- LUCA TRUFFELLI (Flautist); Jury President;
- UMBERTO FANNI (Director General and Artistic Director of Royal Opera House Muscat);
- MATTEO FEDELI (Violinist, Artistic Director of ‘Solo d’Archi Ensemble’);
- ARAM KHACHEH (Conductor);
- GIUSEPPE MIGLIOLI (Viola Performer and Lecturer).
PREREQUISITES AND CATEGORIES
Age: 18 – 38 years old (born after 01/01/1983)
Vocalists: Tenor, Baritone and Bass
Audition program: 4 (four) arias from the opera repertoire in the original language complete with recitative and cabaletta where required.
Age: under 30 (born after 01/01/1991)
Audition program: at least two pieces by different authors from different styles and periods.
Categories for Instrumentalists:
– CAT. SOLOISTS: Soloists with and without a Bachelor’s degree born after 01/01/1991;
– CAT. CHAMBER MUSIC: chamber music groups up to a maximum of 5 members (from Duo to Quintet) – maximum average age: 25 years old.
PRIZES and WINNERS
SPECIAL PRIZES for both sections (OPERA SINGERS AND INSTRUMENTALISTS):
• “Rizzardo Bino” Prize : € 1,500.00 + plaque. The assignment of the “Rizzardo Bino” Prize will be communicated at the end of the Finals on Saturday, July 17th; both Male Opera Singers and Young Instrumentalists contestants may win “Rizzardo Bino” Prize.
• Casa Torre Bonfadini could invite the winners of this edition of the Competition for concerts or music events at its concert hall in the context of future programming.
• The Selection Committee reserves the right to recommend deserving talents to national and international concert foundations.
1st place: € 1,000.00 – not assigned
RICCARDO BENLODI (tenor)ALESSANDRO ABIS (bass)
SPECIAL PRIZES for MALE OPERA SINGERS:
• Winners or particularly deserving Contestants may be engaged in concerts and/or opera roles at the Royal Opera House Muscat (Oman) and/or at other national and international musical institutions.
1st place: € 750.00
2nd place: € 550.00
3rd place: € 350.00
CHAMBER MUSIC CATEGORY
1st place: € 1,200.00
2nd place: € 800.00
3rd place: € 400.00
SPECIAL PRIZES for all the categories of INSTRUMENTALISTS:
• “Renzo Bechini” Prize: to a young string player who distinguished himself at the competition, Bechini’s family offers a string instrument made by M° Renzo Bechini (worth about € 5,000) on loan for free use for 24 months.
• “Under 16” Prize (best under16 instrumentalist): 300,00€.
• “ArteDonna PromAzioni360” Prize (best female player): jewelry.
The Selection Committee reserves the right to recommend deserving talents to national and international concert foundations.
Casa Torre Bonfadini could invite the winners of this edition of the Competition for concerts or music events at its concert hall in the context of future programming.
All the details on the ANNOUNCEMENT !